Friday, February 6, 2015

Placement Exercise

The second picture below shows compositional direction because the pieces have iconic meaning to them therefore they should be in a group to present their meanings to the audience. The cow skulls that were hung in the exhibit I would have also hung them side by side to demonstrate how all of them go in the same direction. The wood sculpture that a fellow classmate created I think would be a great stopper. People could stop and admire each angle of the piece and its composition.
        The paintings with animals in them seemed to have a relationship with subject matter because they collided perfectly in the show so audience members would not get thrown off focus. As the audience members progress through the art show they will want to see certain categories if you will of art that is related to other pieces of art.
         The ceramic medium might be "humdrum" do to the fact that there was more pictures and paintings than ceramics. I would have the ceramics work with the few sculptures in the show just to define how they are all 3-D works of art.
          The works in the third picture seem to have both less and more visual weight and I would arrange them to where the more weight would be separated from the less weight.
          The pictures at the bottom of my list show the best use of dramatic color. I think I would put the first piece with all the colors with the piece that also show various colors and the sunflower painting with the pieces that use only a few types of color.
           I want to take all the pieces presented to me and sort them out from category, type, color and form. To not have to much going on in one spot I would arrange them in a manner where the audience could take time to appreciate each piece without feeling rushed to observe everyone's piece in the show.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, James. It looks like I am missing your artist contract exercise . . . otherwise this is well done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete